Focusing on the needs of the Salinas Valley, Hartnell College provides educational opportunities for students to reach academic goals in an environment committed to student learning, achievement, and success.
Hartnell College will be nationally recognized for the success of our students by developing leaders who will contribute to the social, cultural, and economic vitality of our region and the global community.
• Over 100 students complete STEM research internships each year
• In 2013, CSIT-in-3 was launched; it is a computer science program in partnership with CSU Monterey Bay where students complete a bachelor’s degree in three years.
• In 2013, a new Respiratory Care Practitioner program was added.
• Hartnell College Speech Team is a top contender at each competition
• In 2008, Hartnell College established the Beta Mu Xi chapter of Phi Theta Kappa; 570 students have joined this honor society.
• MESA helps more than 100 first generation college students transfer to universities each year. • Our Registered Nurse and Licensed Vocational Nurse students’ passing rate of the state exam, NCLEX, is at an average of 91%.
268 Total number of Student Athletes (2017)
1. 85% Transfer rate
2. 89% Retention Rate
3. 47% Sophomores Received Scholarships
4. 111 Student Athletes were on honor roll
PROGRAMS AND SERVICES FOR OUR STUDENTS
• EOPS • CalWORKs
• CARE • TRiO
• MESA • Counseling
• Office of Student Life • Tutorial Services
• Veterans Service Center • Disabilities Support
• High School Equivalency Program• Foster and Kinship Education
Tuition and Fees:
California Residents: $46 per unit
Non-California Residence: $234 per unit
STUDENT FINANCIAL AID AWARDS
FEDERAL: $11,234,666 to 4,743 students
STATE: $6,846,412 to 9,140 students
Hartnell College, in accordance with applicable Federal and State Law, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religious preference, age, disability (physical and mental), pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity, sexual orientation, genetics, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in admission and access to, or treatment in employment, educational programs or activities at any of its campuses. Hartnell College also, prohibits harassment on any of the previously stated bases. As well as; sexual harassment, sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Inquiries regarding equal opportunity and non-discrimination may be directed to:
Title IX Coordinator
411 Central Ave
Salinas, CA 93901